AAYA COVID 19 GUIDELINES
Because AAYA rents facilities in Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas & Hernando Counties, the COVID-19 guidelines may be different in each county and at each center. AAYA must follow the guidelines of the center they are operating in.
Below is a list of guidelines that are common in ALL counties. This is NOT a complete list and may vary in each Center/County.
- Confidential contactless screening of participants, visitors and staff upon arrival by conducting daily health/temperature checks with an infrared thermometer.
- Wellness evaluations which might include a list of general questions.
- Face coverings will be worn by all students and parents. As soon as the students begin their class, they can remove their face masks. You must have an AAYA face mask or PLAIN solid color mask of your own. No other masks that have any logos or advertising will be allowed.
- Coaches will also be wearing face masks until they begin teaching the class. They will remove their masks as soon as they start teaching.
- Social distancing will be implemented in both Cheer and Dance classes. Children will be spaced far enough apart as to abide by this guideline.
- Each site has adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors, including soap and hand sanitizer.
- Facilities/Recreation staff responsible to ensure supplies stay fully stocked.
- The Staff will clean, sanitize, and disinfect frequently touched surfaces multiple times a day.
- Participants will be encouraged to bring refillable water bottles to avoid frequent visits to fountains.
- All restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times a day by Facilities/Recreation Staff.
- Parents may or may not be allowed in the building while class is being taught.
- Parents who are allowed in the building will NOT be allowed in the classroom while teaching is in progress.
Please let us all do our best to abide by whatever guidelines your child’s location requires. We want to do everything to ensure the safety of the children while allowing them to get back to physical activity and having fun with their friends.
Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.